Thursday, June 20, 2013

[H] Truth Thursdays | Today I Leave Behind

Today I leave behind my worries. I drop the things I cannot change and cannot control. I must be patient and mindful to sift through the things I carry to know to leave the things that don't belong.

My worry, shame, and anxiety does not belong. They do not bear fruit. They do not bring value. I drop them and they disappear.


Today I leave behind little seeds. I leave behind good thoughts, feelings, little truth in my lovelies' hearts. Today I leave behind prayers that even though I no longer see them, with a little sunshine and a healthy environment, a little bit of water, those seeds will grow.

I can not despair over them; over the things that I do not know. But I can pray. And hope that one day they'll see me as someone who has not left behind an absence, but has left behind a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment